Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is only open to On-trade establishments in the United Kingdom that stock Smokehead whiskies, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Promotion Period: Participate between 00.01 GMT on the 31st March 2019 and 23.59 BST on the 31st August 2019 inclusive.
- To Participate: During the Promotion Period, an undercover member of staff from Ian Macleod will visit participating On-trade establishments that stock Smokehead whiskies. If the On-trade establishments stock Smokehead core range, recommends Smokehead whiskies to customers drinking dark spirits and whiskies, serves one of the three smoky cocktails (Smoke & Stock, Lemon & Ginger Smoker or Smoking Cola), and uses or displays the point of sale and merchandise materials (Smokehead Glassware, Smokehead Smoker and Smokehead Jug), they will be entered into the prize draw.
- The undercover member of staff from Ian Macleod will visit a participating On-trade establishment once during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize: One winner will win a trip to Berlin for the Bar Convent Berlin event in October 2019 for two, including return economy class flights from the winner’s nearest international airport, 2 nights’ accommodation at the H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz (based on shared occupancy in a twin or double room).
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The Bar Convent Berlin event runs between 7th October 2019 and 9th October 2019.
b. Airline seats are subject to availability.
c. The winner’s guest must be at least 18 years old at the date of departure.
d. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions.
e. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
f. The winner and their guest must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
g. Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown.
h. If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
i. The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their guest.
j. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
k. The winners must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
l. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
m. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
n. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
- Winner Selection: One winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries that fulfil the entry conditions during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted by the email address associated with their On-trade establishment within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 7 days of initial contact. In the event that the winner does not respond to the initial contact within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner. If the winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
- The winner will be contacted within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use the name of their establishment, and county to announce the winner of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the establishment name and county of the winner.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter may refuse to award the Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- The establishment name and county of the winner will be available by email for a minimum of 8 weeks following the close of the Promotion.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd, Russell House, Dunnet Way, Broxburn, EH52 5BU.